Please let the nurse know of any new health concerns for your student including the following:
- any significant illnesses
- a new medication or change in medication dosage
- a life-threatening or new allergy
- a serious injury requiring hospitalization
- a diagnosed head concussion
- an injury requiring casting, sutures, a splint, crutches or wheelchair
Please keep your child home when the following symptoms are present
- Temperature of 100 degrees F or greater within the past 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea occurring within the past 24 hours
- Untreated contagious infections such as ringworm, conjunctivitis, strep or impetigo.
- Rash of unknown origin – this may indicate many different things and should be checked by your pediatrician
- Untreated lice (pediculosis) infestation
In an effort to keep families informed, here is our updated nut procedure at Pemetic:
In order to keep our students with allergies safe, we will have the following restrictions in place for the 2018-2019 school year:
- There will be a designated Nut-Free table in the Cafeteria.
- Our school kitchen will continue to be entirely Nut-Free.
- The Main Middle School classrooms (Mrs. Bean-Ingram, Mrs. Clark (formerly Mrs. Rich, Mrs. Norwood, and Mrs. Reed), will also continue to be Nut-Free zones.
Thank you for following this plan in order to keep all students safe at school. If you have any questions, please call the school at 207-244-5502.
Please check out these great resources on lice from the Center for Disease Control and the National Association of School Nurses.