Please let the nurse know of any new health concerns for your student including the following:
- any significant illnesses
- a new medication or change in medication dosage
- a life-threatening or new allergy
- a serious injury requiring hospitalization
- a diagnosed head concussion
- an injury requiring casting, sutures, a splint, crutches or wheelchair
Please keep your child home when the following symptoms are present
- Temperature of 100 degrees F or greater within the past 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea occurring within the past 24 hours
- Untreated contagious infections such as ringworm, conjunctivitis, strep or impetigo.
- Rash of unknown origin – this may indicate many different things and should be checked by your pediatrician
- Untreated lice (pediculosis) infestation
Please check out these great resources on lice from the Center for Disease Control and the National Association of School Nurses.