The following plan is based on a review of student data and describes the following:
- How we plan to open school in person in the fall of 2021, including protocols we will follow.
- What trends and issues we will need to address to ensure that all students will get the support they need to optimize their learning and mental health.
- Planned staffing/schedule changes we plan to make for 2021-2022
- How we would like to spend American Recovery Plan ESSER III funds
Name of School: Pemetic Elementary School
Principal: Rhonda Fortin
Date: June 1, 2021
Discussed Plan with the Leadership Team on Monday, June 7, 2021.
- Shannon Snurkowski – grade 1 teacher
- Kim Schroeder – grade 4 teacher
- Bonnie Norwood – middle school (grades 5-8) math and science teacher
- Ed Michaud – K-8 music and 4-8 French teacher
Discussed Plan with the School Board on Wednesday, June 9, 2021
- John Bench – School Board Chair and parent
- Susan Allen – parent
- Ingrid Kachmar
- Jim Sawyer
- John Izenour
Opening of School Plan for In-Person Learning:
We plan to open for all of our students in person for the 2021-2022 school year. We will follow the Maine DOE and CDC guidelines in place at that time.
What do our students need?
- (Learning) More direct, personalized instruction in math and reading.
- (Social emotional support) More social-emotional support for students and direct instruction on SEL strategies. Reintegration of the group of students who participated in virtual-only instruction or homeschooling during the 2020-2021 school year.
- (Engagement) Increased direct instruction in band instruments and chorus.
Planned changes to schedules/staffing/services to address these needs using local and grant funding:
- Hire a full-time teacher to coordinate RtI K-8 and provide math and reading interventions to students.
- Contract with Acadia Family Center to provide individual counseling, small social groups, and increase whole-class lessons for targeted groups of students in Social-Emotional Learning.
- Hire a part-time music teacher to supplement the music program.
How we would like to spend ARP ESSER III Funds:
- Teacher salaries (see above)
- Increased HR and Technology support
- Contracted services