We are a group of four students from each middle school grade (5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th) along with the school technology integrator, Mr. Brzezowski, who help around the school with all of the school’s tech issues and other problems. We have configured computers, fought with incredibly common Apple TV problems, succeeded in quickly vanquishing various issues, repaired broken computers and returned them to usable condition.
We meet during study hall time to converse in the secret language of computers. Anything that has to do with computers we help with. The tech team helps teachers whose computer carts for student computers are unorganized and messy, among many other things.
Tech Team Goals:
- Provide students with a chance to be needed and useful in the school.
- Provide technical support and help for the students and staff through trained student technicians.
- Develop technical skills and the social skills required by team members to provide professional quality technical support.
What’s important about Tech Team
Tech Team is important because it lets students who love technology help other students use technology, and learn at the same time. Some examples of things we have learned about are:
- Parts of a computer
- How to fix an Apple TV
- Hardware repair of laptops and desktops
- 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001
- Using Linux