How to Protect Sleep, Attention, and Family Relationships
Common Sense Media has great tips on how to help devices from ruining your child’s sleep, attention, and family relationships. Here is a video about the problem and here is a link for more information.
- Guard bedtime like a mama bear. Do whatever it takes to make sure your kids are getting a good night’s sleep. Try these tips or use these settings to turn off kids’ phones at night.
- Make screen-time rules. Figure out how much screen time is right for your family — and stick to your rules.
- Enable screen-limiting settings. iPhone users can set the features in Screen Time; Google users can download the Family Link app to control kids’ phones.
- Resist distractions. Learn a few easy hacks to make your phone less appealing.
- Understand the tricks of the trade. Knowing how companies manipulate you and your kids into spending more time online can help you recognize when you’re falling into their trap.
- Train yourself to focus. Kids and parents can use these apps to practice concentrating, prepare for bed, and calm the mind.